Adderstone Group's London office is looking to recruit a student from either a Quantity Surveying or Construction Management degree course, to work on a pipeline of development and management opportunities in and around the capital as part of their placement year in industry.
The role will involve a wide range of duties as detailed below:
- Assist in appointing design teams including architects, structural engineers and mechanical and electrical engineers
- Preparation of building material schedules which are sent out for competitive tender. Evaluation of returned tenders.
- Liaison with site managers to ensure materials are scheduled and ordered to site requirements and timings.
- Liaison with utility companies with regards to new contracts supplies.
- Attendance at pre-start meetings with sub-contractors to discuss programme of works etc.
- Ensuring that all current drawings are filed on both the electronic and hard copy systems, and that all revisions are copied and issued to site.
- Liaison with Builders Merchants to order miscellaneous small items of materials and plant e.g. PPE.
- Liaison with clients and client representatives regarding scheduling and completion of snagging items.
- Assist in collating cost information to produce final account statements.
- Assist in property management and general maintenance of commercial and residential assets, including regular site inspections and managing service charges
- Assist with viewing potential acquisitions and preparing headline development appraisals
- Assist with legal filing and keeping track of court timelines regarding any ongoing construction litigation
- Liaising with building control to ensure properties within the portfolio stay complaint
- Assist with planning applications from initial design and viability to securing planning with the local authority
- Perform any other general administrative duties, as required.
Please register your interest by submitting your CV with covering correspondence to Philippa Gray, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of salary, hours and holiday entitlement will be confirmed at interview.
Deadline: Friday 3rd July 2020. Early applications are encouraged.