Adderstone Group is one of the North East’s most forward-thinking property development and investment companies and we are seeking a Junior Surveyor, specialising in Development and Investment, to join our in-house team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Development Manager to support the delivery of viable commercial and residential developments. They will also support the acquisition of new real estate investments across a range of sectors.
Ideally a Real Estate or Planning Graduate, the successful candidate will have gained at least 1 years’ relevant experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
Development – support the successful delivery of viable commercial and residential developments
- Manage projects from concept design through to obtaining planning consent and handover to our Projects team.
- Undertake development appraisals and residual valuations (using Argus Developer and Excel).
- Effective management of external consultants.
- Manage the preparation and submission of planning applications.
- Manage project budgets.
Investment – support the acquisition of new real estate investments
- Support the quantitative and qualitative analysis of potential real estate acquisitions.
- Support the preparation of bids including drafting heads of terms.
- Support the preparation of investment appraisals and investment partner reports.
- Transaction management including undertaking inspections, organising valuations and undertaking real estate due diligence (alongside our in-house solicitors).
- Support debt sourcing (where required).
General Business Support
- Contribute to business reporting.
- Real estate research including preparing market reports, establishing ownership of land/property, sourcing comparables and reviewing planning policy/applications.
- General office administration.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Real Estate, Land Management or Planning).
- Ideally at least 12 months’ experience in a related role.
- Commercially aware.
- Highly numerate.
- Confident and able to communicate effectively with colleagues, business partners, lenders, agents, etc.
- Organisation and attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise effectively.
- Keen to learn and evolve with the business.
- Proactive and motivated.
- Excellent IT skills – including Argus Developer and Excel.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Nelson Carr, Development Manager, on email@example.com
Standard office hours are, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. 25 days holiday. Located in The Fleming, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Salary in line with experience.
Deadline: Sunday 7th March. Early applications are encouraged.