Regeneration project to convert a derelict Victorian mansion into five of Newcastle upon Tyne’s finest apartments. A Mews house was also built on site.
Set back from Elmfield Road, in the heart of Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, the Moorlands Hall redevelopment involved the conversion, via façade retention of a derelict Victorian mansion into five of Newcastle upon Tyne’s finest apartments.
This project involved extensive refurbishment and remodelling of the remarkable Victorian stone-built mansion, originally built by the Fenwick family, owners of the Fenwick chain of department stores, in 1890.
The scheme reinforced Adderstone Group’s capability in speciality conversions of this kind, renovating the three-storey building into apartments and also building one detached Mews house, with views to the south over Newcastle’s Town Moor within the extensive grounds of the scheme.
Moorlands Hall and Mews is located amongst an exclusive mix of newly built family homes and luxury apartments which marry well with the mature, partially-wooded site and open lawn-park to the south. The development is situated amongst many other valuable and exclusive traditional family homes in this very popular suburb of Newcastle.
The properties were each individually designed with a range of luxury bespoke fixtures and fittings throughout, as well as private garden areas and balcony terraces that benefit from the spectacular scenery of the site.
More recently, in 2016, the penthouse apartment within Moorlands Hall went on to sell for £1,350,000, the most valuable apartment in Newcastle at the time.
|Elmfield Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4BF
|Regeneration / redevelopment
|Adderstone Projects Ltd
|Gross Development Value
Moorlands Hall & Mews is situated in the heart of Gosforth’s conservation area in one of Newcastle upon Tyne’s most desirable suburbs. The apartments and Mews house are very attractively located within a wide, leafy street surrounded by a mix of impressive, exclusive family homes and apartments.
The development is two miles from Newcastle city centre.