We are proud to share insight into our Shaftesbury Avenue social housing development, delivered in partnership by Adderstone Living and Places for People.
After careful demolition and remediation works carried out by our innovative contractors The Sirius Group, 98% of the existing building has been recycled into the entire site, laying sustainable foundations for the new-build homes.
Leading with a strategy of no off-site removal to landfill on the development, Adderstone Living’s design team report:
– 100% of original 1970s masonry reused into foundations
– Original 1970s floor slab reworked into footings, piling and scaffold mats and, eventually, local footpaths
– 100% of green waste and timber separated and recycled
– 100% of original 1970s steel structural frames, wall cladding and rooflines recycled and reused
– Rebar in original floor slab and foundations extracted, recycled and reused
– Original copper cables stripped, recycled and reused
– 100% clay & mixed material recycled and remediated on site
– On-site plant powered by diesel infused with AdBlue, further reducing the project’s carbon footprint