Brims Construction’s expertise in delivering projects transcends a host of fields including housing, civic buildings and amenities, commercial property, education, healthcare and transport.
Brims is a name which has become synonymous with the very best in building and civil engineering for the past 130 years. The roots of the name date back to 1882 when 'Brims & Co' was launched on Tyneside by Scotsman David Nicholas Brims, a dock and railway contractor. His son, Charles William Brims, then took over the running of the company and it was passed on to his son David after the Second World War.
David Brims successfully ran the company until it was bought by Swan Hunter in 1961, he then served as executive vice chairman, alongside chairman Sir John Hunter until shipbuilding was nationalised in 1969.
'Brims & Co' was sold when Swan Hunter divested itself of non-core assets and was eventually wound up in 1993, during the recession of the early 1990s.
In 2006 the 'Brims & Co' name was revived and rebadged as 'Brims Construction Ltd' by three ex-senior managers from Tolent Construction Limited, brothers Jason and Richard Wood and fellow director Ian Clift and were joined by Adderstone Group’s Ian Baggett.
Brims Construction provide Adderstone Group with an excellent option when it comes to procuring larger scale developments and has worked with Adderstone Group on many schemes including the RICS commended Quay West Business Village, a £15m flagship business park on Sunderland Riverside and Union Square, Adderstone Group’s £17 million pound student development.
The history of the Brims name is a history of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork that continues to this day. The legacy of this carries on in the new company and Adderstone Group is proud to work with Brims Construction across many joint projects.