Placement – London
Headquartered in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Adderstone Group is one of the North East’s most forward-thinking property owners, developers and investment companies. We are seeking a Placement Student to join our London office, based in the heart of Mayfair.
The London office was opened in 2018, and the Group’s presence is growing in the capital. Our properties include offices, residential, retail, leisure and industrial assets.
Overview of the role
- Attend meetings with architects and other subcontractors throughout the development and planning process
- Assist with appraising developments and compiling comparable evidence
- Assist with reviewing floorplans and designs and the overall evolution of a project
- Place orders for materials and tool hire needed throughout the development stage, overseeing the delivery so the project can meet target dates
- Assist with signing off invoices addressed to our London properties and raising corresponding digital purchase orders, necessary for the payment process.
- Work in a close-knit team to manage Adderstone’s commercial and residential units across London; communicating professionally with our tenants
- Travel between Adderstone’s assets across London, ensuring we are fulfilling requirements as landlord
- Manage day-to-day maintenance in line with the service charges and also assist with larger, one-off works to the assets
- Assisting with lease renewals, rent reviews and break clauses.
- Organise the rent and key schedule of the meeting rooms and desk space in all of the London assets
- Welcoming clients and tenants into our Head office
- Communicate daily with the different teams (Legal, Accounts, Marketing etc.) in Adderstone’s Newcastle office
- Involvement in the advertisement/ purchase/ sale our commercial and residential assets across London
- Adhoc roles to assist with the smooth running of the office and portfolio.
- Looking for a placement for 2022-2023 as part of your degree
- Ideally, relevant degree qualification (e.g. Real Estate, Land Management or Planning)
- Commercially aware
- Highly numerate
- Confident and able to communicate effectively with colleagues, business partners, lenders, agents etc.
- Organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and also independently
- Keen to learn and evolve with the business
- Proactive and motivated
- Confidence to travel independently to sites around Central London
- Excellent IT skills.
To apply for the role, please send a CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com.
- Mayfair, London
- Dependent on Experience
- Full Time